Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pondering and Contemplating....


As I was riding home from work today, I was thinking to myself how did I get here?  I am 5’10 inches tall and until the age of 35, was always below normal weight. In 1998, at age 35, I suddenly put on 70 lbs! I spent a year exercising and dieting and lost 75 lbs. I managed to stay at normal body weight until 2007.  In 2007, after gaining 60 lbs in 6 months, I was finally diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that is called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Once my physician had this under control, I dieted (more like starved) my way down to normal body weight again.

Everything was going great until 3 years later when I was promoted at work. Usually a promotion is a good thing right? Well career wise is was, but health wise not so much. I left my 3 twelve hour shifts a week and began working 5 days a week and averaging 50 hour work weeks. Although nothing changed as far as my diet, my weight slowly crept up until I now find myself 40 lbs overweight again.

Have any of you ever had to deal with Hashimoto’s or with weight gain that you can’t control with diet? Am I alone with this issue?

Please let me know that I am not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment