Thursday, October 4, 2012

Conversations during a pedicure


I began this blog for 2 reasons. One is to work through my health issues and the second is to discover what it is that I want to be when I grow up. I have always said that I would never grow up because that meant getting old, but as the years go by I realize that we are only as old as we let ourselves become. In my mind, I will always be 25. This being said, at the age of 50, I realize that I really need to stop doing what I feel obligated to do and begin doing what I want to do.  If anyone out there has a suggestion as to what this might be, please feel free to jump on in!

 While I was thinking about what I wanted to be when I grow up, I thought of someone that I met a couple of weeks ago. I cannot get this person out of my mind. It is also (I think anyway), an interesting story….

I had finished the end of a 10-hour day at work at the end of a 45-hour week and decided to go for a pedicure. I was sitting in the chair when for lack of a better description; a whirlwind blew into the shop. The tiniest woman that I have ever seen came in and asked for a pedicure. She was petite and blonde, she probably didn’t weigh 80 lbs but had a presence unlike anyone that I had ever seen before. She sat down beside me and started talking to me. At first, I thought “Oh, I so want to just be quiet”, but after 5 minutes, I was fascinated.  By the time I left the shop, I felt like I had known her forever.  She gave me her business card and her personal cell phone number and told me to call her if I ever needed anything.

Her name is Vanessa and she told me that she works with people who have chronic pain and health problems through improved nutrition.  After our conversation, I decided to check her out on the Internet.  I have to admit, I am intrigued.  Her name is Vanessa Gregory. After reading her bio and talking to her through my pedicure, I think I am going to call and make an appointment. I will keep you updated....

No comments:

Post a Comment