Saturday, January 5, 2013

Out with the old and in with the new!!!


Hello!  I hope that your New Year is going just the way you had planned!

Things are going well here. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and this week I made a decision. I am leaving my full time job to begin a new life!  That’s right! I turned in my resignation and Wednesday is my last day! I am excited and nervous all at the same time.

I am planning to start over. What will I do? Well, to start off, I am going to travel. I am going to explore new places and experience new things.  I am going to start this part of my new life next week! We are going to India to see the family. I am very excited! I love India and my family there. I have been brushing up on my Hindi and I am ready to face the unexpected! It is also a special trip. My niece is getting married.  There is nothing more exciting than an Indian wedding! So many beautiful women in sari and jewels, amazing food, beautiful scenery and music, and lots of celebrating!

While I am in India, I plan to look for beautiful things to bring back to sell. There are so many lovely things there that most people never get to see, much less have the opportunity to own and enjoy.  Every time I go, I am amazed at the beautiful craftsmanship and variety of goods in the market place and on the streets.

I also plan to take a ton of photographs. India is a mysterious and fascinating culture. There is beauty everywhere. Even in the ugly and mundane there is something unique and interesting to be found.

            Maybe those of you who know me well are wondering, besides travel what is she going to do to keep from being bored? Well, I am going to make jewelry, do crafts, take care of my house and husband, visit my friends, children and grandchildren, and generally do things that I have never been able to do! I will keep everyone updated on my progress and what I learn, see, and do in this new life!

Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment