Saturday, February 16, 2013

Update on the new lifestyle!


Hello everyone!

This week is the beginning of my new lifestyle at home. Now that the jet lag is over, I am settling into my new daily routine. I wanted to share how things are going.

My day still begins early. I am up at 0600, which by most people’s standard is early, but for me is sleeping 1.5 hours longer than I have for almost 30 years! I wake up and do nothing for an hour. Just watch the world come to life outside my window.

Then I cook and eat breakfast with my wonderful husband! I clean up the breakfast dishes, and send him off to work with his lunch packed and ready to go into the microwave at lunchtime.

I make the bed, straighten up the house and then begin the fun part of my day! I still have trouble believing I have a WHOLE day! I begin by working out. I‘ve decided that I am going to get back in shape so that I feel better and hopefully look better. So far, I can’t see any physical changes but I’ve lost 5 lbs since I quit work at the hospital! It is truly amazing how stress and elevated cortisol levels can be detrimental to your weight and your overall health!

My house has been neglected due to my previous work schedule. So, I have been deep cleaning and organizing the house one room at a time. I begin by going through all of the drawers and closets in each room and then organizing and deep cleaning the room. I have been able to completely organize and clean 2 rooms!

When I become tired of organizing and cleaning, I go to my craft room and spend time making things. I am enjoying my jewelry design and working on other projects to sell. This is probably my favorite part of the day.

As evening approaches, I start preparations for dinner. I am working on a system to organize and simplify the shopping and cooking part of my life. I am also hoping that it will be more cost effective. I plan to try this for a month and if I am successful, I will share my plan with you next month.

Shank comes in around 8pm and we spend the rest of the evening with dinner and relaxing watching TV.

I will probably grow tired of this schedule at some point, but for the moment, I am beside myself with the relaxation, calmness and peace of my new life. I do have a lot of ideas that I want to try though, things to improve and simplify my life. Also things that I think will be exciting. I can’t wait to share these with you as I try them!

I was looking through my photos and found these pictures of Tennessee in the winter. I hope you enjoy!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment