Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas to all of my friends and family! I promise that I will try and not ramble along today because we all should be spending time with our families and giving thanks for all of our blessings!

My many blessings are what I plan to talk about today. I spent a wonderful day yesterday with family. The first part of the day was with my India Association of Nashville family cooking and serving lunches to the homeless of Nashville. There were a total of around 30 members who came and pitched in. We had a wonderful time together, however, it is very sobering to see almost 200 people, many of them children stand outside in line in the cold because they are hungry, especially at Christmas!


















After finishing at the shelter, Shank and I drove to Birmingham and had Christmas with the family! Although Tom, Isaac and Emily were missing, we had a wonderful time!  I so love my girls and their husbands and there is nothing like children to get everyone in the Christmas spirit!

 Wyatt was very excited to show me his Christmas chain. This is a tradition that we have been doing since I was a child. My mother would help us make a paper chain with 25 links. Everyday, we would take a link off. When the last link was gone, it was Christmas! I don’t know where Mama got this idea, but it was a great way to teach us patience and also how to count and subtract! Whitney has taken this idea and expanded on it. On every link, there is something written. It could be as simple as 4 days until Christmas, or it might be something like, “remember to be kind to everyone”, or “ Santa is watching to see if you are nice and respectful”.

Reaghan and Maggie made sure that I knew that there were “ONLY 3 more sleeps!” before Santa came. They were very excited about spending the night with Wyatt and making cookies!

And Chloe’…. What else can I say she is growing up so fast! She is as tall as me! I enjoy hearing about her favorite musical group "One Direction" and what she is reading in her spare time.  I always miss my Chloe’ when she is not around!

Well I have taken you away from your family for long enough! Merry Christmas, and may God bless you in the upcoming year!

I am leaving you with pictures of what else? The grandkids!




                                                 Chloe', Reaghan, Maggie, and Wyatt!





                                         These are the crowns that I made for the girls!




No comments:

Post a Comment